Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Survived! I Arrived!

I'm here!!

I got in yesterday afternoon, after many delays at both Willard and O'Hare airports. Once my plane landed, though, it was smooth sailing. My bags were the first to pop up in baggage claim, and I managed to lug 80 pounds of luggage to the taxi stand with minimal injuries (sorry about your foot, Sir).

Today Rebecca (roommate) is babysitting her cousins, so I'm on my own to get adjusted/plan some adventures for us. I'm looking into crossing the Bay for a trip to Ikea. After one night sleeping in my new bed, I have realized that the pillow situation is not going to cut it. The walls in my room are also tres depressing, so maybe I could find something to brighten them up a bit.

I'm still in bed now, but I'll probably get up soon and take some pictures of the apartment so you all can see my luxurious crib...

Also, just because I think I'm so witty, here's something you may or may not have noticed (or listened to me tell about for 10 minutes): Did you realize that the logo for this blog was ripped off of the opening credits for Full House? Because they live in San Francisco! And I was raised in the 90s! Har har, I crack me up.(I remember the font being yellow, but apparently Google image search and I do not have shared memories.)

No comments: